Sheer Khurma – a delicious dessert made up of milk, vermicelli, dried fruits and dates. This dessert is made in almost every house hold on EID.
As i am writing this post on the day of Eid, what can be better than talking about Sheer Khurma. Here Sheer means milk and Khurma means dates.
I have always been a food enthusiast and i love to experiment with food, i have won a couple of cooking competitions too. Everyone who has tasted my Sheer Khurma instantly falls in love with it… Okay enough bragging about myself.
I will be sharing my secret recipe of Sheer Khurma today that i have never disclosed to anyone till date.
- 2 litres full fat cow milk,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1/3rd cup thin vermicelli broken,
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruits (cashew, pistachio, almond, raisin)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 2/3rd cup clarified butter,
- 2/3rd cup nido milk powder.
- 1/4th cup guruji badam sharbat syrup.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add vermicelli to the boiling milk, mix well and lower the flame.
- In a small frying pan add half of the clarified butter and fry all dry fruits till light golden.
- Add sugar and dates to the milk pan.
- keep cooking the milk on low flame for an hour.
- Add the clarified butter, fried dry fruits, milk powder, and sharbat syrup to the milk vermicelli mixture and mix really well.
- let it simmer for another 30-45 minutes.
The soul satisfying Sheer Khurma dessert is ready! Do try out the recipe and let me know in the comments section. 🙂
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!