Wedding is considered the most important day of our life after which one’s life changes to a great extent. Everyone wants to make that day and thereafter extra special with everything perfect. We don’t want to regret missing out something or the other because of lack of experience.
So in this post i am jotting down a complete shopping list for the bride to be. Well, obviously sky is the limit when it comes to shopping, this is just so that you don’t miss out on something important.
- Party dresses, lots of them, not for parties but for the starting couple of months of your wedding. Even if you don’t prefer wearing heavy dresses, you will have to (I was tomboyish myself, marriage changed that, in fact, I loved getting all dolled up in the initial period). People come and visit the new couple, they expect the bride to actually look like a bride for a long time (specially if you are an Indian).
- Beautiful Cinderella-like shoes for every ‘important’ dress. So you need to be ready with your dresses and then go for the shoe shopping. Buy shoes that can later be worn with simpler dresses too, because once the ‘newly wedded sign’ turns off, you don’t want to keep them in the cupboard forever without using them.
- Jewellery is another thing that needs to be matched and bought for every dress. In India/Pakistan and some other Asian Countries, brides adorn Gold and diamonds for the initial period and later switch to imitation jewelleries to match their attire, so shop accordingly. You are not just going to be around family all the time, you are going to have some private trips with your groom to woo.
- Cosmetics – Buy a whole range of cosmetics with at least 5 different shades of lipstick, hot red being one. Buy good quality primer, concealer, foundation, setting powder, blush, etc because you will have to apply heavy/light make-up everyday during the ‘newly wedded’ phase. Don’t miss on BB cream, the do wonders when you are out of time.
- Lingerie comes next on the list. You have to be very careful while selecting your lingerie. They should be sexy yet decent at the same time. Make sure they are not too slutty, and of course not too grandma type either. select colours like hot red, pink etc, whatever suits better to your skin.
- Personal hygiene products. Buy at least 2 monthly supply of sanitary napkins, razors, shaving creams, cologne, shampoo, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc.
- Buy a surprise gift for your groom-to-be, because why should only guys gift things to his girl, girls can do it too. A good perfume, a nice branded wrist watch, a platinum ring are some options to choose from.
- Scented candles, floral bedsheets, aromatic essential oils are few other things that you should consider taking with you.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!